Skip to content

What’s Available?

Surplus is an item that is no longer used or doesn't work any more.  In order for it to be taken off your inventory, a Surplus Item Declaration/Transfer form needs to be filled out and completed with the principal's signature and the signature of the Executive Director.  Send the completed form through district mail to Corie Fuller in Fixed Assets.  She will make the decision whether or not to try to sell the item on Public Surplus or have a company come to pick it up and dispose of it.

Furniture and equipment that are declared surplus are posted on a website called Public Surplus for Jordan School District schools to have an opportunity to claim any item needed.  When you see something your school needs, call Kris Wishart at (801) 567-8709 to obtain further information and to have the item transferred to your school.  As soon as items have been available for a minimum of seven days, they are automatically put onto the auction on the Public Surplus website ( where anyone can bid. Items still at the school after the auction closes will be picked up by a moving company to clear them out of the inventory.

By district policy, books are handled differently. Surplus books are not available through the auction. If a school has specific needs, please contact Caitlin Robbins at 567-8708.